Wings Internship Job Description
Wings for Success in Frazer, PA is seeking a self-motivated, volunteer summer intern to help further our mission to improve the employment opportunities of disadvantaged women by providing them with work-appropriate attire, wardrobe guidance, and life skills workshops. This internship is a good fit for a student interested in marketing, nonprofit administration, or event planning.
Job responsibilities would include:
• Conducting community outreach (via phone calls and in-person meetings) to local human services organizations, to educate them about Wings’ services, distribute Wings flyers/posters, and encourage agencies to refer their clients to Wings.
• Working with Wings’ Executive Director, Program Manager and volunteers to represent Wings at community agencies, meetings, and special events.
• Working with Wings’ Executive Director and volunteers to assist with the planning and coordination of special events, such as Wings’ fall gala auction and a new summer event for young women.
• Supporting Wings’ social media efforts and working in tandem with Wings’ Marketing Committee to promote our activities and our impact on our community.
• Assisting with occasional smaller events such as Flash Sales and client workshops.
• Providing administrative support by assisting with database maintenance and web site updates.
Required skills include:
• Confident, friendly, and outgoing manner on telephone and in person.
• Ability to represent Wings in a professional manner, including a commitment to timeliness for meetings and follow-up.
• Positive personality and ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Event planning and/or marketing experience a plus.
Please email your resume and a brief paragraph about your interest in this internship to firstname.lastname@example.org.