Women come to Wings for good quality clothing in current styles, both professional and business casual. Donating clothing to Wings is an important way to support our organization. And we appreciate it! However, due to our increased space challenges and limited resources, we have updated our donation “requirements” as well as how and when to donate so please read over this important new information before bringing any donations to Wings, even if you have donated in the past.
Before considering your donation, please answer these questions:
- Was the clothing purchased in the last THREE YEARS and in “LIKE NEW” condition?
- Is the clothing work-appropriate for a WOMAN AGED 22 TO 35? 65% of our clients are 22-35. Work-appropriate means professional, business or business casual clothing (modern, clean dark jeans and clean scrubs are acceptable).
- Is the clothing for the CURRENT SEASON or transitional for September or March?
- Are handbags or footwear in “like new” condition, with no signs of wear inside or out?
If the answer to any of these questions is “No,” please don’t bring them to Wings. Classic styles of years past, even in excellent condition, are not useable for our program. There are many other organizations that will gratefully accept clothing without these restrictions.
**Please note: Thank you for your understanding of our need to cancel our donation day on December 9th due to inclement weather. We are now able to offer a rescheduled date this Saturday, December 16th from 9:00am to 12:00 noon at our Frazer location. **
WHEN AND HOW TO BRING YOUR DONATIONS TO WINGS
You may bring your donations to our Frazer office on the second Saturday of each month from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon, weather permitting. Click here for our next Clothing Donation Date.
Clothing should be CLEAN AND ON HANGERS or FOLDED NEATLY IN REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS.
NO BOXES OR GARBAGE BAGS, PLEASE.
Accessories and delicate items may also be delivered in reusable shopping bags.
Reusable shopping bags are “reused” for Client appointments and cuts down on trash we must dispose of.
Some very high quality clothing donated to Wings may be put on consignment to raise funds for the purchase of specifically needed items.
If you have a large donation please call Diane Mills, Program Manager, at 610-644-6323, ext. 1 before bringing your donation to Wings.
If you are considering doing a collection, first please contact Diane Mills, Program Manager, at 610-644-6323, ext. 1 as we may ask you to collect certain items due to space limitations and current needs.
Donations to our Kennett office are limited due to space and are by appointment only. Please call 610-444-1446.
Due to liability, Wings does not pick up donations.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
In addition to professional and business casual clothing that meet our requirements above, we always need the following:
- Jewelry (any kind)
- Handbags and wallets (especially black), new or like new
- Scrubs, new or like new, with no logos
- NEW bras, (smooth, neutral colors especially in large sizes)
- NEW camisoles in black, white and beige
- NEW bodyshapers
- NEW trouser socks and tights/leggings
- Unopened makeup, hair and skin care products and makeup cases
Clothing donations to Wings are tax-deductible. You can pick up a clothing donation receipt at the time of your donation.
On behalf of our Clients, thank you for providing us with beautiful donations!
If you have additional questions regarding your donation, please contact our donation phone line at 610-644-6323 x4 or submit our Clothing Donation Inquiry Form.